Does your workshop team belong on the Mount Olympus for paintwork? Then submit your application now to take part in the competition for the event venue of your choice. Applications are being collected and presented to our sponsors who will select the participants they will support. To win this challenge and take part in the final in Frankfurt 2020 the teams will then need to apply a design in a style related culturally to the country in which the national Automechanika is being held (your local Automechanika). This design will be on a bonnet, and must be finished to a high standard. This bonnet will be displayed and judged during your local Automechanika!
To win this challenge and attend and take part in the final in Frankfurt 2020: Participants will need to apply a design in a style related culturally to the country in which the national
Automechanika is being held (your local Automechanika). This design will be on a bonnet, and must be finished to a high standard. This bonnet will be displayed and judged during your local Automechanika!
- Design based on theme (country)
- Type and set up of gun (as used in car refinish)
- PPE’s to be used
- Short introduction of themselves and the body shop they work for
- The use of stencils, fine line tape and templates is permitted.
All body & paint workshops can enter following the competition rules (above) and being available for the selected local Automechanika exhibitions (Birmingham 4. – 6. 6. 2019/
Johannesburg 18. – 21. 9. 2019/Shanghai 3. – 6. 12. 2019/ Dubai 7. – 9. 6. 2020/Mexico City 22. – 24. 7. 2020) as well as being available for the days of Automechanika Frankfurt (8. – 12. 9. 2020). The participation is free of charge.
All entries will be subjected to an initial check in terms of their innovative content. The Jury judges on following criteria:
- Safety and housekeeping of the body shop
- Use of environmentally friendly products
- Unique design
- Design in line with theme
- Use of different techniques (effect and solid colors, matt and high gloss finish)
- Harmonized colors
- Images/videos to show the different steps it took to complete the project
- Type and set up of gun (as used in car refinish)
All entrants will be informed of the results within the last show day of the national Automechanika. The same goes for the Final in Frankfurt. Visitors and fans of Automechanika can also vote for their favorite design. The team with most votes will receive an Automechanika Audience Award. The voting will take place onsite as well as online (www.automechanika.com/competition) during the event days of each Automechanika show as well as online until 14 days after the first show day.
The national winners are invited to the final challenge during Automechanika Frankfurt from 8. – 12. 9. 2020 (two people, economy flights, 4 Star Hotel for four nights). The Award is non-refundable and non-negotiable.
The Award of the final winners is yet to be announced.
All bonnets will be showcased during the national Automechanika shows in a special exhibition. The bonnets that win will also be showcased in the final challenge during Automechanika Frankfurt ( 8. – 12. 9. 2020). The presentation format is determined by the exhibit. The arrangement of the special show and the insurance of exhibits during construction and the event itself are the responsibility of Messe Frankfurt. The exhibitor has sole responsibility for the transport costs and risks of the exhibit. The Participant will be informed at a later date of the time and place for delivery of the exhibit.
By participating in the Body & Paint Competition the Participant
- that the presented and provided products/bonnets at the Body & Paint Competition are photographed and filmed by third parties and Messe Frankfurt. This consent includes all brands or rather protected trademarks, which are attached to the product itself or rather in close proximity to it. Messe Frankfurt assumes no liability for the creation and usage of the recordings by third parties.
- that the provided fotos/videos of the creation of the artwork as well as the fotos/videos/artwork/bonnets displayed during the respective national and final event in Frankfurt am Main are evaluated through the jury, published, duplicated and used for editorial reporting as well as for marketing and advertising purposes for the event “Body & Paint Competition” of Automechanika and Messe Frankfurt in part or in whole, in connection with other presented products, modificated, for commercial and non-commercial purposes, in all known and unknown usage and exploitation types (especially the Automechanika event and company’s website and download area for journalists, social media sites such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, apps, national and international print, follow-up mailings, intranet and archiving e.g.), where appropriate along with the company name or Participant name. The Participant consents for these to be processed, translated, dubbed and subtitled into all languages, and used. Furthermore for this purpose the photos/videos may also be sent to third parties or rather with Messe Frankfurt contractually linked companies and service providers such as advertising agencies.
- The Participant warrants that the provided and presented photos/films/creations/bonnets and brands or rather protected trademarks are free of third-party rights and that no personal rights are infringed by the described usage. The Participant will release Messe Frankfurt from any and all third-party claims resulting from such infringement.
In this context “Messe Frankfurt” means Messe Frankfurt Exhibition GmbH including its affiliated companies in accordance with Section 15 of the German Stock Corporation Act (AktG), especially all named companies under the Section “Event locations of the World’s Championship”. Thus the above named rights of use may also be exercised by all affiliated companies as well as transferred and/or sublicensed to them.
The decision of the Award jury and Audience Awards is final. No explanations will be given as to why certain bonnets were not chosen.
By submitting his entry, the Participant accepts the competition rules and that the decisions of the jury and audience are final.
Employees of Messe Frankfurt and their dependents as well as of its subsidiaries and associated companies who are involved in the competitions are excluded from entry.
Messe Frankfurt Exhibition GmbH reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time without stating any reasons or to end the contest prematurely as well as to exclude Participants who are harmful to the effective functioning or the exclusion is justified objectively.
This conditions of participation are subject to German law. The place of jurisdiction for any disputes arising in connection with this Agreement is Frankfurt am Main, Germany.