Automechanika Frankfurt offers daily accredited training sessions which are free of charge after pre-registration. In 2018 there will be eleven sessions which have been put together with the help of high-profile partners and cover almost the whole damage repair process chain for a vehicle following an accident. Please allow about three hours per session which take place on all days of the fair at Galleria – the morning sessions are in German and the afternoon sessions in English.
In addition to the traditional bodywork repair and respraying, the workshops look at the latest technical developments and issues such as alternative drives (hybrid, electric and hydrogen powered vehicles), diagnostic technologies and assistance systems. Also discussed are damage assessment systems for cars and how these are used to calculate the repair costs and communicate them digitally to the insurer.
Partners of the workshops
- Systematic car damage assessments following an accident, DEKRA
- Car damage cost calculation/communication, DAT
- Electrically trained person for working with intrinsically safe high-voltage systems in accordance with the requirements in Germany, Akademie des Deutschen Kraftfahrzeuggewerbes, TAK, Adam Opel AG, Toyota
- Bodywork – removal of exterior dents, Carbon
- Joining techniques and equipment, Wieländer+Schill
- Body gluing and sealing, Carsystem - Vosschemie GmbH
- Bodywork – repairs using frame straighteners, Car-o-Liner
- Bodywork repair for the BMW 5 Series, BMW
- Robert Bosch Workshop: ADAS calibration, Headlight adjustment and on-board electronic diagnostics with reading out the fault memory
- Sanding and filler work in preparation for painting and top coat, Mirka GmbH
- Paint Refinishing and Finish, BASF Coatings GmbH / Glasurit, Sehon, Farécla
At the accident damage workshop as part of the automechanika, the participants can Experience the ideal process of accident repair first-hand. Each individual step is each from a competent and reputed company covered. There is nowhere else in this form.
I have already passed on my newly acquired knowledge at the trade fair to our technical students and thus at least partially updated the level of knowledge of our master students. The offered workshops were structured in terms of content and methodology and fully met my expectations.
Happy to visit Automechanika again. This time four unforgettable days. I have learned much with the workshops and I have met many interesting people.(...)The perfect organization. Very good work.
The DAT workshops at the Automechanika are very practical and provide solutions for the digital processes in the specialist workshops for bodywork and paint. There will also be enough time during the workshops to ask questions about damage calculation / damage communication, which will also be answered by the DAT experts.
For the first time the seminar Discover3Dprinting, especially for newcomers in 3D printing, will take place during Automechanika Frankfurt.
- What is 3d printing and additive manufacturing and how does it work?
- Should I consider 3d printing for my production?
- Can I make money with it?
- Where to get examples about obstacles, experiences and successful implementation?
- What are the first / next steps to get started?
Have you ever asked yourself one of these questions? If you have, you should participate in this seminar.
The seminar takes place on 12.9. from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and on 13.9.2018 from 10 a.m. to noon in English and on 12.9. from 10 a.m. to noon and on 13.9.2018 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in German. The seminar is located in Festhalle, room Rotunde.
Independent specialists from ACAM – Aachen Center for Additive Manufacturing will give answers for your entry into the world of 3d printing.
What topics to expect:
- The Next Big Thing - Hype, Benefits and typical Business Cases
- Technology overview - What is possible with today‘s technologies?
- Applying Additive Manufacturing profitably - Success and Failure Stories
- Additive Manufacturing for your sector - Concrete approaches and new ideas
The seminar Discover3Dprinting is for you, if you consider the inclusion of additive manufacturing into your production process, but do struggle to find access to the technology.